Thursday, April 23, 2015
How mental attitudes might reverse the effects of old age: A conversation with Harvard psychologist Ellen Langer about her latest research on how positive thinking can improve your health.
Monday, April 20, 2015
Saw this advice and really liked it. This is simple straightforward and doable.
- Give the character a problem, no matter how small.
- When the character tries to solve the problem, make the attempt fail.
- Make it fail in such a way that things get worse.
- Now the character has a bigger problem.
- When the character tries to solve that one...
- ...add another try/fail cycle.
- To end the story, have your character put everything on the line in one last big try, which either succeeds or fails.